Friday, May 29, 2009

blog lifespan.

I am here today to give this blog a death sentence. As much neglect as I have given it, due to school and life constraints, I have plans to send the blog out with dignity. Lack of time on my part has resulted in not acting on the statement that is the title of this blog, architecture is a verb. Writing, drawing, and in many cases thinking about architecture has taken a back seat lately, so it is my idea to make this blog live and die with my first huge academic effort in treating architecture as a verb. Since this last semester ended a week ago, and I have had proper unproductive time since, the game of applying to architectural graduate programs is here and I plan to use this blog to document the process. Preparations, test dates, hurdles, post-mark dates, acceptances and rejections all written out for the internet to see. Once the process is over, a little less than a year from now, the death of this blog will be.


I plan on starting another blog soon enough which I will link here for my n number of readers, where 0<n<13 (modestly), with another writer or two and more of my attention. But for now applying to architecture schools (along with a few modest summer academic pursuits) is my top priority and will be documented here.

4 comments:

Ariel said...

OH NO! we saved yours!!! i lost your email and im so sorry because i lag and always forget to check my school email. im so glad you found me because we DO have your project. we kept all the ones that people asked us to keep, just like we promised (which was only 4 people out of the 30 odd projects we had)

yours is the black box with the blue balsa wood correct?

Ariel said...

hey i just checked my email and i dont have one from you! is it possible you wrote the wrong email down? its mermaid085@aol.com

im going to fresno for csu summer arts for two weeks tomorrow. please contact theresa at teese1021@yahoo.com for your project

so sorry we had a misunderstanding and we took so long. we were in the gallery for a lot longer than expected but your project is safe at theresa's house.

Jack said...

Yeah, black box, blue sticks, thats mine! You guys are awesome, thanks Ariel. I'll send Theresa an email about picking it up... have a good time in Fresno. =)

Ariel said...

oh im so glad we got that sorted out. we cleaned out the art studio at my house and i think we threw away your note with the email on it. i emailed cantley but he said he needed time to research it. pfft.

thanks! i hope i dont melt in the heat!